Benefits of Practicing Kundalini Yoga
When a person leaps into the kundalini meditation practices initially looks for the benefits in the outer sphere according to his mental evolution.
Before going to the benefits, firstly, let me give a clear understanding of how the practice of kundalini yoga and meditation affects your psycho-physical nature of well-being.
Everything is energy. Energy is solemnly responsible for all the worldly and cosmic processes that are perceived or obscured from our conscious level or beyond our intellectual perceptions. Even the Supreme Being, God, Creator, whatever you say is a form of energy that can be considered as the aggregate form of energies in which all the cosmic events and processes lies. The Supreme power does not lie in these events, but all the events lie within it.
According to the science, energy has different forms and nature. It is known from the ancient yogic texts that the kundalini is some sort of energy which has a direct linkage with the Supreme power. The Quantum theory states that each and everything is connected to everything else. Hence, we are intimately connected to the Supreme Being and the cosmic creation.
As stated in the Vedas and Upanishads that there is only one consciousness, known as the Brahman, may be an entity or the metaphysical aspect of unity which underlies all the physical realities in this phenomenal world.
How to get benefits from such spiritual practices relies on the hands of the practitioner. These benefits seem like naturally probable or would be like supernatural. Before coming to the point let me say that we are also the part of the unified field as described in the laws of physics.
The human body is bequeathed with the electromagnetic field which is also termed as the bio current and the biomagnetism and has a great impact on the nature and well-being of the individual. The electrical field of the heart is 60 times greater than the amplitude in the brain. ( see How to Transmit Energy Through hands? )
Humans are highly social beings and it is common that most of you get stressed by day to day life activities. There are some joyful days and hard days in life. Some sorts of energy-related with every activity are stored in the chakras and energy centers.
The working of the chakras plays a prominent role in the psycho-physical nature of the human being. Kundalini yoga and meditation practices are the technique used to control the function and activity of these chakras and hence to alter the state of one’s physical and psychological nature. As the chakras are related to the endocrine glands, this can also directly alter the hormonal activities.
The Health benefits are
1. This practice serves as the anti-aging campaign, by rejuvenating the cells with youthfulness and charisma as seen in yogis. Hence, you become more admirable.
2. The considerable amount in the reduces of stresses that are accumulated in the day to day life activities. How the stresses get reduced during meditation is mentioned in the book ‘Why Kundalini Meditation So Special?’
3. A well-disciplined practice leads to natural charm in the face and body (Tejas ), with the brightness in the eyes that seems like alluring.
4. The most common psychiatric disorder, the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) can be wiped out by the practice of kundalini yoga and meditation.
5. The psychological problems such as phobias, insomnia, dyslexia, sleeping disorders, eating disorders can be controlled.
6. Various addictions such as alcohol addiction, drugs, tobacco, chain-smoking, and sexual addiction can be reasonably controlled where the initiative should begin from your side.
7. Increases your self-esteem and thereby increases your self-confidence. This practice will enhance your power of concentration and you become more conscious and active are the common benefits of such practices.
8. Hormonal dysfunction can be treated and balanced.
9. Anxiety, unwanted fear, fear of everything is eradicated and you become less influenced by the worries, sorrows and the negative aspects of life where a harmony in everything will be achieved.
10. You can get rid of physical and genetic diseases. The possibility of heart attack, cancer can be reduced and increases the function of the central nervous system for the betterment of well-being.
These are not only the benefits of the kundalini yoga and meditation practices, but I have only mentioned a few of them. Some of it can be only possible for the advanced practitioners.
The book “Why Kundalini Meditation So Special?” is written by Praveen Kumar gives a clear understanding of such practices and more over a guide for those who seek the path in this field.