17 Powerful Truths of Swami Vivekananda
The truths can be delivered in different ways. When delivered in right phase with right emotions, it becomes very powerful and lively. it can transform the lives of the people. Among the Works of Swami Vivekananda, these are the few inspiring words that are powerful to change the life.
1. Anything Worthy has its own Obstacles: It is a tremendous truth that if there be real worth in you, the more are circumstances against you, the more will that inner power manifest itself.
2. Mind Control is Inevitable to Experience Freedom: The mind uncontrolled and unguided will drag us down, down for ever – rend us, kill us; and the mind controlled and guided will save us, free us.
3. You are Responsible for Your Wellbeing: Remember the words of Christ: "Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you." These words are literally true, not figures or fiction.
4. Live on a Single Main Goal: Take up one idea, make that one idea your life; think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great giants are produced.
5. If Deserves, it will be Done: No one can get anything unless he earns it. This is an eternal law. We may sometimes think it is not so, but in the long run, we become convinced of it. A man may struggle all his life for riches; he may cheat thousands but he finds at last that he did not deserve to become rich and his life becomes a nuisance to him. We may go on accumulating things for our enjoyment but only what we earn is really ours. A fool may buy all the books in the world and they will be in his library, but he will be able to read only those that he deserves to, and this deserving is produced by Karma.
6. Peace of Mind Resides in One’s Own Detached Karma: Inactivity should be avoided by all means. Activity always means resistance. Resist all evils mental and physical; and when you have succeeded in resisting, then will calmness come.
7. Living for Others is Worth Living: This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive.
8. Know Your Strengths: The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength. Teach men of the strength that are already within them. The greatest sin is to think yourself weak. (Read also 21 Most Inspirational Quotes of Swami Vivekananda for Positivity)
9. Have an Ideal in Life: If a man with an ideal makes a thousand mistakes, I am sure that the man without an ideal makes fifty thousand. Therefore, it is better to have an ideal.
10. It’s the Character that Really Pays off: Neither money pays, nor name, nor fame, nor learning; it is the character that can cleave through adamantine walls of difficulties.
11. Put Yourself in Good Matters: If a man continuously hears bad words, thinks bad thoughts, does bad actions, his mind will be full of bad impressions, and they will influence his thought and work without his being conscious of the fact. He will be like a machine in the hands of his impressions, and they will force him to do evil, and that man will be a bad man; he cannot help it. Similarly, if a man thinks good thoughts and does good works, the sum total of these impressions will be good, and they, in a similar manner, will force him to do good, even in spite of himself. When such is the case, a man's good character is said to be established.
12. Concentration Leads to Perfection: Concentration is the essence of all Knowledge; nothing can be done without it. Ninety percent of thought force is wasted by the ordinary human being, and therefore he is constantly committing blunders; the trained man or mind never makes a mistake.
13. Success is Worthy with Struggles: Never mind failures; they are quite natural, they are the beauty of life. What would life be without them? It would not be worth living if it were not for struggles. Where would be the poetry of life?
14. Powerful Thoughts Strengthen the actions: Whatever you do, think well on it. All your actions will be magnified, transformed, deified, by the very power of the thought.
15. It’s the Mindset that Matters: Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; Feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is life, the strength, viability, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.
16. All knowledge is Inherent in Man: No knowledge comes from outside; it is all inside. What we say a man "knows", should, in strict psychological language, be what he "discovers" or "unveils"; what a man "learns" is really what he "discovers", by taking the cover off his own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge.
17. Seek the Truth, it will be Discovered: There are only one life and one world, and this one life and one world are appearing to us as the manifolds. This manifoldness is like a dream. When you dream one dream passes away and another comes. You do not live in your dreams. The dreams come one after another, scene after scene unfolds before you. So it is in this world of ninety percent misery and ten percent happiness. Perhaps after a while, it will appear as ninety percent happiness, and we shall call it heaven, but a time comes to the sage when the whole thing vanishes, and this world appears as God Himself, and his own soul as God. It is not therefore that there are many worlds; it is not that there are many lives. All this manifoldness is the manifestation of that One. That One is manifesting Himself as many, as matter, spirit, mind, thought, and everything else. It is that One, manifesting Himself as many. Therefore the first step for us to take is to teach the truth to ourselves and to others. (Read also 8 Most Powerful and Inspirational Quotes in Spirituality)