Yoga, Meditation, and Kriya to Lose Weight Fast
If you are wondering, how is it possible to lose bodyweight by just meditating? Beware of the close connection between mind and body.
If people consider meditation is only for mental wellness, then it’s wrong. It is a multi-beneficial wellness technique for mental and physical wellbeing.
If I say meditation for weight loss, it is a vague sentence. Generally, yoga is not for treating weight loss.
The techniques in yoga lead you to retain your natural figure that if it might have altered due to the habits and unbalanced lifestyle. That if you have shifted from your natural order, yoga helps to restore it. Something likes decoding the blueprint of DNA.
The meditation regulates the excessiveness or deficits of body mass. However, few yoga techniques have faster response to retain the natural order of body. The listed yoga practices consist of yogic breathing, kriyas, and relaxation techniques. (Read also Kapalbhati - Effective Yoga for Cold, Cough, and Head Ache and Weight Loss)
1. Kayakalpa Yoga
Duration: 15 minutes
Kayakalpa yoga technique is kept secret and you cannot find clear instructions anywhere on the internet. It is because it has certain concise procedures that require a mentor.
Let me briefly describe the procedure.
This involves locking of the Muladhara chakra. In this technique, the aspirant places one of his raised hands with the palm supporting the wall or pillar.
Place your palm on the wall without any contact with other body parts and wall. Rest your body with the flexed feet.
Take a deep breath. Hold it for possible extent without straining or harming yourself. Exhale forcefully through the mouth. As with the jaws closed, the exhalation makes a sound as like the pressure released from tyre tube.
Generally, this is a technique of rejuvenating the body with sexual energy. (Read also How to Stay Looking Young Forever in Yoga?)
2. Kundalini Kriya
Duration: 30 minutes
Kundalini kriya is the set of three poses.
- Camel pose - hold on your heels by kneeling down and bending the body in arch shape and head facing down. Breathe deeply for 2 minutes.
- Rock pose – sit on the rock pose. Inhale deeply, hold and exhale for 2 minutes.
- Child pose – put your hands on sides with palms facing up. The face and forehead should touch the ground. Deeply inhale and exhale for two minutes.
Gradually, you can increase the time to 11 minutes. The interested aspirants can learn this kriya from any of the Yogi Bhajans Yoga Centre.
3. Sudarshan Kriya Meditation
Duration: 45 minutes.
Sudarshan Kriya is an ancient technique of rhythmic breathing. It became more popular in recent years due to the services of Sri Sri Ravishanker. It has four stages.
- Ujjayi pranayama breathing – relaxed breathing with balancing the inhalation and exhalation equally. Make the proportions as breathe thrice for a minute.
- Bhasthrika pranayama breathing – breathe rapidly for about 30 times per minute. Balance the breath such that exhalation should be twice as that of inhalation.
- Chanting om thrice with the long pause.
- Sudharsan kriya – a breathing technique with inhalation twice that of exhalation. It is the rhythmic chanting of mantra sooohummm. It has 20 slow cycles of chanting, 40 medium and 40 fast cycles. (Read also Deep Breathing to Relieve Stress Instantly)
4. Mindfulness Meditation Technique
The purpose of the mindfulness is to increase awareness. Becoming aware of thoughts, mind and finally the self.
According to it, one has to become a wayside watcher, not the outside world, but the inner world. Try to become aware of your activities mentally and physically. As such, become aware of your body needs, become conscious of your duty than on autopilot.
Moreover, become aware of the food you choose, become aware while eating rather than focusing on something else. As the saying, eat while you; drink while you drink.
This is the principle of mindfulness. It directs you to the ordained path. If your overweight is due to overeating, gradually, you will develop the qualities to stop overeating. (Read also 3 Most Powerful Meditation Techniques in the World)
Being mindful is the way to mindfulness. It is the modernized form of vipassana meditation.